Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday Five

From Singing Owl at RevGalBlogPals

1. What is the weather like where you live? You do not want to know. For a while I was posting nothing but weather reports on my FB. Unbelievable heat and humidity. This is the third week, I think of heat index readings over 105. Forecast high today 100. It has be at 100 or above for two weeks with a couple of days at 99 or 98. The humidity makes it intolerable.

2. Share one thing you love about this time of year. When I lived where summer was a welcome respite from cold, snow and gray, I loved being outside, hiking, walking, biking, sitting outside with a cup of coffee. I can't think of a thing I love about summer in Memphis. This being the first entire summer I have spent here. I am making plans for a road trip through New England and the Canadian maritimes next year.

3. Share one thing you do NOT love about this time of year. See above

4. How will you spend the remaining days leading up to Autumn? Packing up my books and study at church, packing my bags for a trip to Bhutan, reveling in the idea of retirement.

5. Share a good summer memory. Going to Cherry Grove (near Myrtle Beach) for Mother's Day (which my mother hated), dancing at night, laying in the sun during the day, listening to my cousin explain that the rhythm method meant that you did it to music.

Bonus: What food says SUMMER to you? Fresh Michigan blueberries and cherries.

My bonus: song that says summer to me

4 comments:

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

well painted pictures Joan !
LoVved your *bonus* - definitely a summer song (:

Robin said...

Oh, yeah - Michigan cherries!

Do you know that I have a PEI travelogue on my Search the Sea blog? Go to Canadian Maritimes.

Jan said...

Joan, I so identify with Memphis' heat and humidity. Yuck--it's like that here in Corpus Christi, TX.

So glad you'll eventually get to the Canadian Maritimes.

Where are you retiring to? (Sorry that I haven't been visiting lately.)

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Yah, I gripe about winters up here, but I would HATE Memphis summers. I love that song too. Guess it says how old we are, huh? :-)