Sunday, January 27, 2008

What I don't need

So, our church is typically Presbyterian, small, white, aging. We have a few members who want to revive the congregation. One is a young woman, a recently returned young volunteer in mission. Another is an older woman. Both love God; love the church. I don't know what happened. I'm preaching on U2 during Lent (because I want to; I'm not a great U2 fan, at least not until I got the idea of preaching on U2). So, she and her father designed a flyer aimed at young adults. Somehow the flyer didn't get to the older woman who produced a flyer on her own.

I have the winter crud, don't feel good and don't want to get in the middle of this. I got copied on an email from the young woman to the older one and then got an email from the younger one. I emailed the young woman back that I would have been disappointed too to have had my work ignored; I don't think the older woman did it intentionally and suggested they sit down together and work it out.

Just wanted to vent.

1 comment:

Rev SS said...

Here late ... but wanted to say "Yike I hear you!" How's it going?