Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday Five

From Sally at RevGalBlogPals

1. Is there a sport/ hobby that is more of a passion than a past-time for you?
2. Outdoors or indoors?
3. Where do you find peace and quiet?
4. A competitive spirit; good or bad, discuss...
5. Is there a song a picture or a poem that sums up your passion ?

1. My first reaction was no and then I thought: wait a minute--scuba diving. I love diving. I don't get to do it very much. I don't much like cold water diving, I don't like quarries. I love warm water and beautiful fish. At some point, I always wonder at God creating all this beauty for God's pleasure. Until the last century, only God could see the beauty under the waves.

2. Outdoors. I love the outdoors. And yet, I sometimes have to push myself to be outside. I have a beautiful back yard patio and I forget about it. I try to go have coffee and journal there in the mornings.

3. Peace and quiet. Walking in the woods, in the mountains. Anytime I can pull myself away from my addiction: the computer.

4. Competition. I am normally competitive. Very competitive. I want to win. I once practiced law. My favorite thing was when I got to play the bad guy. Some in house clients called me the Dragon Lady. Loved it. I don't like the person I am when my competitive side emerges. I don't care about others. I don't want to listen. I am right and that's it. Don't get in my way.

5. I'm not much a song or dance person. Or poems for that matter.

5 comments:

Processing Counselor said...

This is the first time I've read you're blog. I'll have to catch up. Sounds like you've had quite a trip lately. Anyhoo, scubu diving has always scared me, I'm more of a snorkeler, but saw some beautiful fish in the Caribean this spring.

altar ego said...

First of all, Yay! on the good health news! Deep sigh of relief.

A bit like you, I like being outdoors, but I'm so used to be involved indoors that I can forget to enjoy what is on the other side of the window. Unless it's hot or buggy.

Mary Beth said...

I've never scuba-d but love snorkeling. In WARM water, like you!

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

you might not be much of a song or dance person but it sounds like you have reason to celebrate for sure... so grab a cool frothy drink and head for that patio! *cheers* to you on the good news...

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,酒店,