From Kathrynzj and RevGalBlogPals
And so I ask you to please name five things you like about where you are living now... and as your bonus - 1 thing you don't like.
Interesting. Yesterday I wrote a post which I was saving to post next week about how much I hate the "bloom where you are planted" bromide that gets tossed around so much. The grass is not always greener on the other side, but if where you are is causing you to brown, curl up and die, then it's time to think about moving on. God made us for life, not death. The kingdom is among you.
So, five things I like about where I am living now:
1. Friends (who curiously enough seem to dislike Memphis almost as much as I do).
2. The beautiful springs full of blooming things.
3. Tsunami, my favorite restaurant.
4. The cost of living.
5. My beautiful house.
The bonus is something I dislike. The list will be way longer
1. Southern conservative Christians.
2. The weather. five months at least of unbearably hot and humid weather.
3. No Trader Joe's
4. The absurb liquor laws which prohibit wine sales in anything but liquor stores.
5. The provincialness of the town
6. The difficulty of making change
7. Did I mention the heat?
Watch this space for news on Wednesday morning.