Thursday, May 1, 2008

Health Update

Well, I visited my oncologist today. I have stage 1, class 2 ovarian cancer (or had?). According to my oncologist, my life expectancy is the same as if I hadn't had cancer. I opted for chemo, to lessen the possibility of a recurrence. I'll do two rounds, then take some time off (go to Mongolia) and then take two to four more rounds.

I am out of denial/shock, I think. I'm not sure where I am.

What is interesting is that I am going to preach on biblical interpretation on Sunday, my first Sunday preaching since my surgery. That's what keeps coming to me to preach on. I'm not sure why. Unless I can find an old sermon I feel like preaching. I keep hoping that inspiration to preach something inspirational will come to me, but it hasn't yet. (Those tend to come around 3 am on Sunday morning.)

4 comments:

Jules said...

Oh,Joan, I'm so glad that the prognosis isn't The Worst.

St Stoic is still praying for you every Sunday.

LutheranChik said...

Prayers ascending on your behalf.

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

((((Joan))))

Joan Calvin said...

Thanks for all your prayers.