Friday, August 22, 2008

Dates--from RevGalBlogPals

From Songbird:

1) Datebooks--how do you keep track of your appointments? Electronically? On paper? Month at a glance? Week at a glance?

Electronically. In hopes of buying an iPhone, I've switched from my Palm calendar to iCal on my MacBookPro. But I also have a paper calendar on my fridge. Mostly for doctor's appointments. UGH. I was really afraid I'd forget my CT scan this morning. I rarely look at my calendar, cause I don't have a lot on it. Mostly my pilates classes and doctors' appointments.

2) When was the last time you forgot an important date?
Hmm, I didn't forget the date, but the time for a wedding that I was officiating at. I remembered the time of the rehearsal and thought the wedding was at the same time. I woke up from a nap and wondered why there were so many cars by the church (I lived in the manse next to the church). Then I checked my calendar. The wedding was in about 10 minutes. I officiated with unwashed hair. Between the ceremony and the reception, I ran home and washed my hair. Living in a village has some benefits (but very few) (Of course, that was when I had hair.)

3) When was the last time you went OUT on a date?
What's a date? You mean a social engagement with someone of a different gender (or the same gender depending on your preferences)? Years, I guess. I haven't met anyone that interested me in years. I have friends who've done the internet thing (and one who actually married a guy she met on the net), but I've never seen anyone on any of the sites who looked the least bit interesting. I have this feeling that if you have to use the net, there must be something wrong with you. I'm pretty happy by myself. At my age, the thought of having to be neat cause someone was living with me is not something I want to do.

4) Name one accessory or item of clothing you love even though it is dated.
All my clothing is dated. In fact, it's so dated, it's back in style. I'm so pleased I can wear my blue jeans again, for the first time since January.

5) Dates--the fruit--can't live with 'em? Or can't live without 'em?
Don't really like dates the fruit. Never have. Don't know why, just don't appeal to me.

5 comments:

Shalom said...

I live in fear of missing a wedding (or funeral) - I did run nearly-late for one once, but so far I haven't actually missed one. Glad you got there!

I haven't read your blog before and appreciated your thoughts on Becker's book. I'll have to give it another read through that lens. Hope you're doing okay.

Auntie Knickers said...

I guess not having hair has its advantages too, if you had another late-for-wedding experience you wouldn't have to rush home to wash hair....I liked your answer to #3. Should I find myself single some time in the future I'd probably be the same.

revkjarla said...

the wedding story totally resonates. Like shalom, I live in fear of getting confused about the time of one...oyoyoyoy!

Unknown said...

Oh, shy people meet people on the Internet! (That's where I met my shy husband.)

Mavis said...

Living with a clergy-person I know he has dreams of missing things like that. Glad you made it! And good to hear news re the CT as well