From Sally at RevGalBlogPals The intro post is beautiful. I commend it to you.
Five things I long for this Advent:
1. That my congregation would understand my longing for Advent and not Christmas in these weeks before Christmas.
2. That the reign of God might be seen in more places; that justice would roll down like waters, righteous like an ever flowing stream. I weep over Zimbabwe, Sudan, Darfur, Africa in general, Mumbai, hatred. I weep over our hard headed ness that refuses to see our part in the hatred in this world.
3. That those who grieve will be comforted. That those who hunger will be fed. That the homeless will have shelter.
4. That I will learn to live each moment consciously.
5. That the darkness will envelop me, the quiet bring peace to me, and the coldness of the season warm my heart.