From Songbird at RevGalBlogPals
1) Do you have a food processor? Can you recommend it? Which is to say, do you actually use it?
Nope. But I have a processor attachment for my blender. I bought it on a lark when I bought the blender.
2) And if so, do you use the fancy things on it? (Mine came with a mini-blender (used a lot and long ago broken) and these scary disks you used to julienne things (used once).)
I have used it to try to cut up veggies, but it doesn't work well. But it makes the greatest shortbread crust for my lemon tarts which I love and which I should avoid.
3) Do you use a standing mixer? Or one of the hand-held varieties?
Hand held. My mom had a standing mixer. I suppose it's more powerful, but I don't bake or cook that often.
(And isn't that color delightfully retro?)
4) How about a blender? Do you have one? Use it much?
I have one. Used it a lot during seminary for margaritas. I learned three things in seminary: to drink good wine (San Anselmo is a great location for that), to make really good margaritas and I've forgotten the third.
5) Finally, what old-fashioned, non-electric kitchen tool do you enjoy using the most?
A wine glass? As you may have gathered, I'm not much of a cook. I love the idea, but cooking for one is uninspiring and for more is too much trouble. I love good food and love to eat out. My duty in this economic crisis, at least while I have a job is to keep my favorite restaurants open by patronizing them as much as possible.
Bonus: Is there a kitchen appliance or utensil you ONLY use at Thanksgiving or some other holiday? If so, what is it?
As someone said, my oven? That's probably it for me too.