First list 5 memories from 2008.
Then list 5 hopes or prayers for 2009
Memories from 2008
1. A silverback gorilla, the first I'd seen, came bounding out of the forest and stopped in front of me, not more than six feet away.
2. A total eclipse in Mongolia. Total eclipses are the most awesome, spiritual experience I have had.
3. Obama winning the election. Watching the returns with a friend.
4. Taking photographs of a beautiful blue heron fishing in a lake.
5. Seeing a brown bear at the glacier outside of Juneau; eating halibut with friends in Juneau; meeting and talking with an Inuit Presbyterian and hearing his stories.
Hopes for 2009
1. An end to violence, especially in Palestine
2. Good health for me and for everyone. Being able to finish a sprint triathlon in September.
3. Spending more time with friends
4. Getting serious about photography
5. Approval of ordination of GLBTs in the PCUSA