From Songbird at RevGalBlogPals
Although written by a young man, this song from "Rent" became an anthem for women of a certain age ready to be taken on their own terms. Maureen and Joanne love each other, but they are *very* different.
Whether it's new friends or new loves or new employers, what are five things people should know about you?
1. I am a bitch. Don't expect me to be a simpering-sweet Southern belle pastor type. I'm not.
2. I am an unabashed liberal. Don't give me that namby-pamby progressive label. Full-out total liberal.
3. I love the scriptures. I love reading them, seeing the nuances there, being awed by the literary power of them.
4. I love to be outside. I love hiking and biking and swimming. I love being in the sunshine. I love scuba diving. I love being a part of God's world and enjoying God's creation and God's creatures.
5. I love to travel and to experience different people, places and cultures. Don't expect me to go to the usual places. I can do that when I'm older. And, no, it's not a mission trip to China or Mongolia that I'm on.