Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Anglicans to ordain women bishops

Just a quick post. The NYTimes has an article saying that the Church of England has just voted to ordain women as bishops. A schism is threatened. This is the 21st century. Things are worse than I thought. Women can't be bishops because none of the 12 disciples were women. Evidently no one read Luke 8. No one seems to give Mary Magadalene the status she deserves. No one, other than some Samaritans listened to the nameless woman at the well. Folks seem quite content to read the Bible as long as it says what they want it to say. (I'm in that camp too!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have so much trouble understanding this, but then I'm like you, I like it to be my way, too!

Sally said...

:-) I say good for the Anglicans- but to you I say welcome to revgals!