Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday Five

From RebGalBlogPals
  1. So how did you come up with your blogging name? And/or the name of your blog? Well, Joan Calvin is pretty obvious in that I am a Presbyterian, former lawyer and have actually read the Institutes. Presby•Opia cause I was trying to come up with a funny/spiffy name and I'm near sighted. And I think there are too many near sighted people in our particular Presbyterian world.
  2. Are there any code names or secret identities in your blog? Any stories there? Nope. Sorry.
  3. What are some blog titles that you just love? For their cleverness, drama, or sheer, crazy fun? I like Cheese in Paradise, though I'm not sure Wisconsin is paradise, but if she thinks so. . .
  4. What three blogs are you devoted to? Other than the RevGalBlogPals blog of course! I'm just beginning to "get into" blogs, so most are ones I've met on RevGalBlogPals. I actually have a blog of sorts on Live Journal and that where lots of my friends are.
  5. Who introduced you to the world of blogging and why? My son introduced me to LJ when I was in MI in a village of 1600 and 35 minutes away from the nearest Starbucks and 75 minutes away from real civilization. It was lonely for me and LJ saved my life. Most of my friends on LJ are ones that he invited to check out my journal which is sort of interesting. They range in age from 20s to 70 and are definitely not church people, though some read my sermons when I post them there. I came over here when I wanted something that was more than just carrying on about my life, so I try to post things that are a little "deeper" than on LJ. I also thought RevGalBlogPals was cool.
Bonus question: Have you ever met any of your blogging friends? Where are some of the places you've met these fun folks? I know Cheesehead from seminary and St. Casserole is a cousin (I think). I'd love tobe a part of one of the RevGalBlogPal get togethers someday and meet more of you in person. On LJ, I've met several of the folks. The group I sort of hang out with gets together once a year, but I haven't gone yet.

2 comments:

Jan said...

It's nice to have confirmation on your title and name. Good imagination! Thanks.

Unknown said...

So glad you're blogging!